[Mailman-Users] 'Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender' error when using an e-mail from a domain co-hosted with the one used for Mailman lists

Jacques Setton jsetton at waycast.com
Mon Apr 21 13:50:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

After completely abandoning the use of a Plesk based Linux package (see
previous discussions
<https://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg63856.html> ), I
have been able to successfully deploy Mailman lists on a
Webmin/Postfix/Dovecot Linux package.

All mailman lists functions & features work well on the later system except
in one specific case. When I try to subscribe to a list (say ‘Mailman’)
using an e-mail address based on a virtual domain (say ‘domain.net’) which
is co-hosted with the default virtual domain used for Mailman lists (say
‘domain.org’), I immediately get an “Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender”
error as depicted below :