[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Bellsouth, etc.

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Thu Apr 17 02:33:50 CEST 2014

On 4/16/2014 4:51 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote (about my suggestion of manually
moderating posts from Yahoo users):

> But what you are suggesting is essentially what the Wrap Message option
> introduced as a site option in 2.1.16 and expanded in 2.1.18 does.

Well, yes.  But:

-- if you're working with an earlier Mailman version (I have 2.1.9),

-- if upgrading Mailman might be difficult (mine was pre-installed under
Plesk, which probably implies some unknown tweaking),

-- if you're a novice at writing and debugging Python scripts,

-- and if your site has *extremely* low traffic (I have 2 lists with a
total of 20 messages in the past year, and only 5 Yahoo users, who are
usually lurkers),

then you might find it easier to live with the manual moderating task
than to try to make changes to an otherwise well-working system.  (At
least in the short run while waiting to see what else develops.)

--
Larry Kuenning
larry at qhpress.org