[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Bellsouth, etc.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 16 22:51:32 CEST 2014

On 04/16/2014 01:34 PM, Larry Kuenning wrote:

> I've since thought of a third difficulty besides the two I mentioned.
>
> If the post-to-be-moderated is itself a reply to an earlier post, then
> mailman's archive threading will be broken unless the list moderator
> goes to the trouble of setting up the substitute message as a reply to
> the same earlier post.  (And of course one must delete all the stuff
> one's MUA wants to insert, as that will already be provided in the
> message-to-be-moderated.)
>
> Is this correct?

If I understand, yes...

But what you are suggesting is essentially what the Wrap Message option
introduced as a site option in 2.1.16 and expanded in 2.1.18 does.

Effectively (with some details omitted) that option is forward the
message as an attachment to a message from the list with Reply-To:
including the original poster. It does all this without any moderator
intervention.