[Mailman-Users] Accessing sub-letter search lists

Conrad G T Yoder cgtyoder at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 16 21:20:33 CEST 2014

On Apr 16, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 04/14/2014 04:39 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On 04/13/2014 10:48 PM, Conrad G T Yoder wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a large list (7600 addresses), and when I search for a list of users of a popular domain (e.g. yahoo.com), I of course get a large result set back - sometimes more than 50 beginning with a particular letter.  On those addresses with more than 50 starting with a common letter, they are of course split up, but when I click on another of the sub-letter lists, the “Find” string disappears in the search results and I’m back to a subset of the whole list, not the searched list.  Is there any way around this?  Thanks much.
>>

>> This is a bug. Thanks for the report. I'll fix it. See
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1307454>.
>>
>> In the mean time, the only work around is to set admin_member_chunksize
>> on the General Options page large enough to include all members of the
>> largest sublist so it isn't chunked.
>

> The fix has been committed for 2.1.18.  In the mean time, another work
> around is when you click the link for another chunk and get the
> unfiltered chunk back with a URL like
> <http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/listname/members?letter=m&chunk=1>
> in the browsers address bar, add the filter to the URL and get that.
> E.g. with yahoo.com as the search, the above becomes
> <http://www.grizz.org/mailman/admin/gpc-talk/members?letter=m&chunk=1&findmember=yahoo.com>.

What great service - 2-day turnaround on bug fixes!  (Not that I will be seeing it any time in the near future with my hosting service :^)

Since we’re on the topic of items residing at bugs.launchpad.net, what are the odds of Bug #1067953 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1067953) getting a little love?  Not quite as easy a change as this one, but would benefit many I’m sure.  Everyone subscribe!

-Conrad

--
Truth is information.