[Mailman-Users] Accessing sub-letter search lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 16 20:19:13 CEST 2014

On 04/16/2014 08:35 AM, Kirke Johnson wrote:
> Just to confirm my suspicions, the "chunk" capability requires Mailman
> newer than version 2.1.9?

If you mean the ability to set admin_member_chunksize from the admin
General Options page, then yes, that was added in 2.1.10.  Everything
else to do with chunking the admin Membership List has always been in
Mailman 2.1

> Another question: is there a way to negate
> the findmember search, so that all members not in the example.com
> domain could be shown?

The search is a python regular expression. There is syntax for negative
lookahead/lookbehind assertions, so that for example the search pattern

$(?<!example\.com)

will match any string that doesn't have 'example.com' immediately
preceding the end of the string.

The problem is this won't work because the search is done against both
the email address and the real name so while that search won't find
user at example.com, that user's real name (say John Doe) doesn't end with
example.com so the search result will still include that entry because
it finds the real name.