[Mailman-Users] DMARC issues

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Apr 14 02:25:41 CEST 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 15:35 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Here's a tried and tested patch just awaiting more use:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~jimpop/mailman/dmarc-reject

Jim, I note that what you reference here appears to be a complete branch
version of Mailman.  Can you briefly outline exactly what mods you've
made and how they deal with the DMARC problem, as well as any other
differences between your patch and the main Mailman trunk?  Or refer me
to a description of this within the file set.  I can read the code, but
maybe you could save me a bit of time.

I have only a few Mailman discussion lists at FMP, most of them pro
bono.  After considering caving in on this and breaking the RFC
regarding the proper use of the From header, I'm inclinded to favor
Stephen's suggestion of bouncing messages from mail service providers
enforcing DMARC rejection criteria.  Does you patch set do this?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |