[Mailman-Users] problems with bounce processing

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 21:59:29 CET 2013

Mark,

Here is a log that shows a message sent to the 'test7' list. The list is
set up for bounce processing and all notifications are set to 'yes'. This
is happening with the entire system, not just individual lists. It doesn't
seem to be processing bounces. The bounce.log,which rotated at 4 am this
morning, is currently empty. The mailman.cron has an entry that sends
messages to disabled subscribers at 9 am every day.

Looking at some older bounce logs, it appears that a few entries for bounce
score appear, but not as many as I would expect. Additionally, nobody is
being tagged as (B) bounce in the membership list.

Nov 19 11:58:26 swiki postfix/local[17412]: 270961998422: to=<
test7 at mydomain.com>, relay=local, delay=0.15, delays=0.05/0/0/0.1,
dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test7)
Nov 19 11:58:27 swiki postfix/qmgr[6381]: 824501998422: from=<
test7-bounces at mydomain.com>, size=5830, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 19 11:58:27 swiki postfix/qmgr[6381]: 852721998424: from=<
test7-bounces at mydomain.com>, size=5798, nrcpt=3 (queue active)
Nov 19 11:58:31 swiki postfix/local[17411]: 9E66A1998437: to=<
test7-bounces at mydomain.com>, relay=local, delay=0.2, delays=0.02/0/0/0.18,
dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test7)