[Mailman-Users] unable to start Mailman

c cc subads at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 02:19:56 CET 2013

Mark,

Let me clarify this: No, I can't open the old list's listinfo page, but I
can see the list using list_lists command.

When I did the fresh installation and created the "mailman" list before
moving any old lists over, I was able to start mailman using: service
mailman start.
 As soon I moved any old list over to the new server, that command (service
mailman start) no longer worked so did the web interface.

Is it possible that the old lists had overwritten something?

"Is is still the case that '/usr/lib/mailman/bin/
mailmanctl start' will
successfully start mailman, but 'service mailman start' complains about
the missing site list?"

Yes

Thanks!

Charles