[Mailman-Users] unable to start Mailman

c cc subads at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 20:14:13 CET 2013

Mark,

It seems like /etc/init.d/mailman and /etc/rc.d/mailman both are runing
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl, as you can you below:

MAILMANHOME=/usr/lib/mailman
MAILMANCTL=$MAILMANHOME/bin/mailmanctl

Here how I moved my lists over to the new server:

1. I renamed the /usr/lib/mailman to mailman.org
2. ln -s /mnt/ebs/volume/mailman /var/lib/mailman
3 tarred up the /usr/lib/mailman/* mailman directory in the old server
4.then  untarred archives, data, lists, and spam folders to the
//mnt/ebs-volume/mailman folder, which is linked to the /usr/lib/mailman
folder.

]# sudo find / -name mailman
/usr/lib/mailman
/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman
/usr/lib/mailman/scripts/mailman
/var/spool/mailman
/var/lib/mailman
/var/run/mailman
/var/log/mailman
/var/lock/mailman
/mnt/ebs-volume/mailman
/mnt/ebs-volume/mailman/lists/list_name_from_old_dns/lib/mailman
/mnt/ebs-volume/mailman/lists/mailman
/mnt/ebs-volume/mailman/archives/private/mailman
/mnt/ebs-volume/mailman/archives/public/mailman
/mnt/ebs-volume/mailman/archives/archive_from_old_dns/lib/mailman
/etc/cron.d/mailman
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mailman
/etc/mailman
/etc/smrsh/mailman
/etc/logrotate.d/mailman

Using the command line list_lists, it does show all the list, but the lists
do not show up on the web interface. I apologize for the confusion. Once
again, thanks for your help.

Charles