[Mailman-Users] unable to start Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 5 19:44:20 CET 2013

On 11/05/2013 10:34 AM, c cc wrote:

> Thanks! I was able to start using /usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl
> start--without any problem.

So 'service mailman start' which runs the script at /etc/init.d/mailman
(or /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailman) is running a different mailmanctl. Look at
that script and its included files see what mailmanctl it runs.

>  I have only have one mailman instance installed on this server and now,
> it still does not show all my lists though. Any suggestions. Thanks!

How did you move your lists from the old server? where are they? what
does 'sudo find / -name mailman' show?

What doesn't show all your list?. At
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2013-November/075718.html>
you said 'list_lists shows all my lists'.