[Mailman-Users] searching list archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 28 01:34:28 CEST 2013

On 05/27/2013 11:27 AM, Jason Fayre wrote:
> Ok, thanks.  I had looked at the install doc, but not the readme.  As I
> understand it, this will allow me to search each list from the archive
> toc page.  Is there a way to create a master index of all lists that can
> be searched?

The patch does a couple of things. It adds tags in the html archive
pages that are use to suppress indexing of "archive boilerplate", and it
adds the search form for each list's archive to the TOC for that list
and actually creates the htdig configurations and cgi that are used to
generate indexes and searches for that list.

If you want a global search, it seems to me that you could just use
htdig or another search engine to index and search the entire archive
without patching Mailman at all or at least not beyond the indexing patch.