[Mailman-Users] Is there tool convert archived files/directories into a mbox file?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 10 22:54:40 CEST 2013

On 05/10/2013 09:18 AM, Xie, Wei wrote:

> In the file Defaults.py, I see ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 2.

That is the normal default meaning archive to moth pipermail and mbox.

> Also, archiving for other mailing lists work well  including creating/updating LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox file.
>
> The archiving for this list 'kinejapan' does not work well. Last June we migrated this list from ListProc to mailman. And Archiving Options were enabled and it is supposed archiving has been working since last June. But two weeks ago we just found archiving did not really work.
>
> 1) under /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kinejapan, there was no new archived files/directories;
> 2) there was no file kinejapan.mbox/kinejapan.mbox

I suspect a permissions issue. I suspect you will find a lot of
'shunting' and traceback messages in Mailman's 'error' log and a lot of
posts in Mailman's shunt queue.

If this is the case, fixing the underlying error and then running
bin/unshunt will archive the messages.