[Mailman-Users] Is there tool convert archived files/directories into a mbox file?

Xie, Wei xie.47 at osu.edu
Fri May 10 18:18:36 CEST 2013

Mark,

>>> If ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX is set to 0 in mm_cfg.py, Mailman will not create/update LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox files.

In the file mm_cfg.py, there is no ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX setting. There are ONLY following two parameters related to archive.

ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 1
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE = Off

In the file Defaults.py, I see ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 2.  Also, archiving for other mailing lists work well  including creating/updating LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox file.

The archiving for this list 'kinejapan' does not work well. Last June we migrated this list from ListProc to mailman. And Archiving Options were enabled and it is supposed archiving has been working since last June. But two weeks ago we just found archiving did not really work.

1) under /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kinejapan, there was no new archived files/directories;
2) there was no file kinejapan.mbox/kinejapan.mbox

>>Lots of information is lost if there is no .mbox file.
>>
>>You can do as well as anything with
>>
>>cat /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kinejapan/*.txt > kinejapan.mbox

This works for us.

Thanks,

Carl