[Mailman-Users] Multi-lingual confirmation messages

Drew Tenenholz drew.tenenholz at isid.org
Thu Mar 21 17:51:39 CET 2013

Hi All --
--
Platform: Mailman 2.1.11, OS X, self-hosted server
--
Question:
--

My separately coded subscriber list management PHP page sends list commands on users behalf, a la

TO: list-name-request at domain.tld
BODY: subscribe <password> <digest|nodigest> address=user at other_domain.tld

to a list that has both Russian and English as selected languages (English is default).

We'd like to help our Russian-speaking subscribers follow-through on the confirmation message, which is being sent in English.

Ideally, I think I'd like the list confirmation message sent in BOTH Russian and English, since we clearly have a mix of subscribers in both languages, and I don't want to terrify the English-speakers either.
--
Resolutions:
--

My PHP code immediately sends a primary acknowledgement back to the subscriber that I can edit myself, and I can certainly make the 'Welcome' message appear however I like from the Mailman administration pages, but what help is there for the confirmation message itself?
--

TIA,
Drew Tenenholz