[Mailman-Users] strange problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 15 02:05:13 CET 2013

I hope the voice recognition on my phone works well for this I have unusual challenges at the moment so this is the best I can do as a response .

here's my theory. outlook makes a compliant message with the CC header that happens to be folded on the white space in the middle of a display name  .

some agent other than mailman, because mailman doesn't do it according to my tests at least with the email package I test it with , sees the hanging first part of the display name at the end of the first line of the CC header and interprets that as a local address and then qualifies it with the domain

whatever agent or appliance this is lives within the same domain as the mailman server.
--
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>