[Mailman-Users] strange problem

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Mar 15 00:27:07 CET 2013

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > On 3/14/2013 3:22 PM, Bruce Harrison wrote:
 > > "Judy at mailman.utm.edu" was not in the Sent folder message at all.
 >

 > We understand that and never expected it to be. The question is in
 > exactly what context in the Cc: in the sent folder is "Judy" found.

To be specific, we expect something like

or perhaps

    CC: Sandefer, Judy, Edie Gibson, Thomas Rakes

or some mixture of the above.  The important thing is the four-letter
string "Judy" being set off from other names and/or addresses by
commas (and optionally white space).  Even though a human would be
able to infer three addressees from the second example, a standard-
conforming program would not; it would see four addressees.

We could also be totally off-base, but I don't see how any of the
programs farther down the pipeline (except maybe the Exchange server?)
would have any information at all about "Judy" that would cause that
string to appear in the header of the message later.  So we're pretty
sure that it has to be coming from Outlook.  It would be nice to find
out exactly where from and what it looks like.