[Mailman-Users] Help! Mailman's Digest Option Sending Too Many Digests

Yosem Companys ycompanys at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:14:44 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm one of the moderators of the Stanford University Program on Liberation
Technology at http://liberationtechnology.stanford.edu/.

I was wondering whether someone on this list could help me.  I'm
experiencing a problem with Mailman's digest option where, no matter what I
do, Mailman is sending too many digests daily.

I have configured the options Mailman gives me as follows:

   - Can list members choose to receive list traffic bunched in digests?
   Yes.
   - Which delivery mode is the default for new users? Regular.
   - When receiving digests, which format is default? MIME.
   - How big in Kb should a digest be before it gets sent out? 0.
   - Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't
   reached? No.
   - How often should a new digest volume be started? Daily.
   - Should Mailman start a new digest volume? No.
   - Should Mailman send the next digest right now, if it is not empty? No.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.  If
anyone on this list can help me, I will be very grateful.

Thanks,

Yosem