[Mailman-Users] Character Encoding?

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Mon Mar 4 17:12:12 CET 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 12:47 +0000, Graham Bentley wrote:
> Just occasionally I am getting ? instead of ' in mailman
> digests. Actually it could be the opposite of ` - but I
> am not sure (cant seem to find that char?)
>
> Any adice / suggestions greatfully rcvd!

There are (at least) a couple of different apostrophes which may or may
not be visbily rendered by a mail program, depending on the encoding.  I
believe UTF8 should pick up all of them, although I'm not sure.  MUAs
often render characters which they can't grok as "?", so my guess is
that this is primarily a MUA problem, not a Mailman problem.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services |  to solve it." - Albert Einstein