[Mailman-Users] Character encoding for mass subscribtion?

Urwald Urwald urwald at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 25 01:34:36 CEST 2013

Hello.

I want to mass-subscribe some mail addresses in mailman. I have a list of (spanish) names and the mail addresses. The names usually contain non-ascii characters like a with akute (á), e with acute (é), n with tilde (ñ) and so on. Mailman doesn't import these names correctly. Why not???

I've tried it with entering the list in the web browser. Not working correctly. I've tried to upload a UTF8-encoded text file. Not working correctly. I've tried some other encodings. Not working.

However, I've tested it with a file containing only 1 mail address and "áéíóóúñÑ" as name. Finally the upload was working when I used 8859-15. Than I have converted my big address list to 8859-15, and now it didn't work anymore. Yes, I can reproduce that. Does mailman try to auto-recognize the character encoding?

How can I get this working??? I need some help.

Cheers

Tim