[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe queue resend to patron after the email was subscribed

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 15 06:02:34 CEST 2013

On 06/10/2013 03:17 PM, Hung Phan wrote:

> Previously, we set our mailing list to do 2-steps unsubscribe (email
> confirmation). We have a patron, who was unsubscribe from our mailing
> list on Mar 1st. The subscribe log has the entry (delete
> test at web-ster.com; email confirmed). On May 6th, the patron then
> received an email states that the unsubscribe didn't go through due
> to invalid confirmation string. We search the list and couldn't find
> the patron listed anymore. How do we check and clear pending queues
> so patrons wont receive these notices again?

Your patron requested unsubscribe and answered the confirmation on Mar 1
and was then removed from the list. Subsequently on May 6 the patron
replied again to the original May 1 confirmation email which was still
in his/her mailbox. This time the confirmation token had expired and
that was reported back to the patron.

Mailman didn't queue or resend anything.

Also, I'm sure it's not relevant to this issue, but your post to
mailman-users was stuck in a gmail server for over 4 days.

	by mx.google.com with ESMTPSA id nt6sm11806639pbb.4.2013.06.10.15.17.52
	for <mailman-users at python.org>
	(version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
	Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:17:53 -0700 (PDT)