[Mailman-Users] Reducing Mailman backscatter

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Mon Jun 10 19:17:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am getting seriously hounded by my server provider, who is receiving complaints from ISPs that my server running Mailman is sending users spam messages.  When looking into this further, I notice that these messages are mainly administrivia responses, and that all of them mostly come from non-list members.

Does anyone know any way of discarding messages to specific addresses (mainly requests addresses) where the member is not on the list?  Obviously the subscription addresses I would like to leave as is for the moment.

I have also set all the moderation settings to discard for non-members as well to see this this improves matters.

Thanks.
Andrew.