[Mailman-Users] RFC 2369 Headers in Digest - customizable?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jul 22 20:55:45 CEST 2013

On 07/22/2013 06:56 AM, Drew Tenenholz wrote:
> Hi All --
>
> Working with Mailman 2.1.9.
>
> I've got a list where include_rfc2369_headers=No and have moved the contents of those headers into the footer for readability.  All works pretty well, except I'm getting complaints from the digest subscribers, where, indeed, these headers appear at the top of the messages, making them harder to read on mobile devices since it can be two or tree pages of scrolling before the table of contents is visible.

First note that by suppressing the RFC 2369 headers from the actual
header, you are ensuring that any MUA features that use these headers
such as a 'reply list' button won't work.

Anyway, digests are built as follows:

The masthead
digest_header if any
The table of contents
The messages
digest_footer if any

It seems your issue is with the masthead which is built from the
masthead.txt template which can be edited per the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>.

If your issue is that you want to put the table of contents ahead of
digest_header or do other reordering of the pieces, that would require
modifying the code in Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py.