[Mailman-Users] Reactivate delivery confirmation tokens

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 19 19:30:46 CEST 2013

On 07/19/2013 08:47 AM, James Cloos wrote:

> MS> What do you do and what happens?
>
> Mail comes in announcing that:
>
>   Your membership in the mailing list $LISTNAME has been disabled due to
>   excessive bounces
>
> Neither replying nor surfing to the mailman/confirm/$LISTNAME/$TOKEN uri
> works.

I understood that, but what else happens? What response do you get from
the web server when you go to the mailman/confirm/$LISTNAME/$TOKEN uri?

When you reply to the mail, do you get a "results of your email
commands" mail in reply and if so, what does it say.?

> It is only these non-interactive confirm mails which fail; sub, unsub,
> and change address confirms always work.

Do other confirmations, e.g. subscription requests, work?

> I suspect that most of the sites install mailman via their distributions'
> packaging.  Might the dists' packaging break something?
>
> Of the last six (all in 2013), all but sf.net run debian, according to
> the apache version strings.

It's possible, but if Debian's package were broken in this way, I think
I would have heard from more than just you?