[Mailman-Users] Migration to a new server: recommendations for testing the new Mailman server before changing DNS records; also how to avoid lost/bounced messages during change-over?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 17 03:56:34 CEST 2013

On 07/16/2013 06:39 PM, David wrote:

> Here's what the sysadmin ended up doing.
>
> First, he added our domain in postfix mydestination but it didn't help
> so he did these steps:
>
> 1) Added our domain in relay_domains
>
> 2) Added the following in in master.cf <http://master.cf>
>
> mailman unix - n n - - pipe
> flags=FR user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py
> ${nexthop} ${user}

I think this is the first mention of postfix-to-mailman.py in this
thread. My advice to ensure that the list domain was in mydestination
was based on my incorrect assumption that you were using aliases.

You and your sysadmin may find the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/EYDt>
and the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-September/074017.html>
which is linked therefrom to be of interest.