[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Google Groups.

Joe joemailgroups at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 23:34:01 CEST 2013

Hello, everyone.

I have two questions for the group.

Question 1:

I have set up (or attempted to set up) five discussion groups on the Internet using Mailman running on an Apple with Mac OS X server. The process hasn't been as smooth as I thought or as easy as Apple advertised.

With this in mind, I would like to get some help with this. Lists are running for the most part with few members and some (not all) receiving mail from the lists.

However, there are those who don't seem to receive. In addition there have been problems related to greylisting and other such phenomena that fly above my head.

Is anyone with experience on both Mailman and Mac OS X server available for consulting ?

Question 2:

Assuming I were to choose to abandon this project (hosting the lists and running Mailman) is anyone aware if I can transfer the lists to Google Groups while maintaining the same domain name ? In other words, the lists would be hosted by Google Groups but under the same names and domain they now have.

I have been told that this can be done if I sign up for a Gooble Apps business account. As a business account user I would have the ability to create discussion groups using Google Groups but do so under my own domain name.

Does anyone have any experience with this ?

Thank you in advance for all your answers.

Joe.