[Mailman-Users] Problem with duplicate emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jul 8 03:14:03 CEST 2013

On 07/07/2013 04:11 PM, Javad Hoseini-Nopendar wrote:

> I have a problem. When I send an email, if someone is the member of both
> groups, this person will receive two copies of the email. Is there any way I
> can prevent duplicate emails? I saw a choice in General options:
> Prevent Duplicate Emails.

The choice in General Options "Filter out duplicate messages to list
members (if possible)" is a setting for new_member_options which
controls what usetr options are set by default for new subscribers to
the list. This affects the user option "Avoid duplicate copies of
messages?" which in turn only affects whether the user is sent a list
copy of the mail when the user is a direct To: or Cc: recipient of the post.

You have two choices. Either tell members of the iranravi at iranravi.com
only result in their receiving duplicates, or delete
iranravi at iranravi.com from the newsletter at iranravi.com list and instead
add iranravi at iranravi.com to the Non-digest options ->
regular_include_lists setting of the newsletter at iranravi.com list.

To make the second option completely effective, also set the
iranravi at iranravi.com list's Digest options -> digestable to No because
if there are any digest subscribers, they won't receive
newsletter at iranravi.com posts.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/TIA9>.