[Mailman-Users] Problem with duplicate emails

Mon Jul 8 02:33:49 CEST 2013

On 7/7/13 7:11 PM, Javad Hoseini-Nopendar wrote:
> Hello
> I created two mailing lists on my website:
> newsletter at iranravi.com
> And:
> iranravi at iranravi.com
>
> Also, IranRAVI at IranRAVI.com is a member of newsletter at IranRAVI.com. That
> means, when I send an email to Newsletter at iranravi.com, if someone is not
> the member of this group, but is the member of IranRAVI at IranRAVI.com, this
> person will also receive the email. In fact, one group is only for sending
> newsletters and the other group is for discussing about various matters. now
> I have a problem. When I send an email, if someone is the member of both
> groups, this person will receive two copies of the email. Is there any way I
> can prevent duplicate emails? I saw a choice in General options:
> Prevent Duplicate Emails.
>
> I thought mailman would delete the duplicates automatically, but it seems
> not to be the case. Please help.
>
> Thank you

Since IranRAVI is a member of newsletter, and newsletter is announce
only, there really is no big reason to subscribe to both, you just need
to subscribe to IranRAVI and you will get all the messages, and can
reply to the discussion list about them.

The problem is that each list processes its sending independently, and
don't know about the details of the interlocking subscriptions, so I
don;t think there is any way to stop the multiple emails in this case.

--
Richard Damon