[Mailman-Users] Information about config_list and change_pw

Chris Nulk cnulk at scu.edu
Fri Jan 25 22:31:49 CET 2013

Hello all,

Before I go and completely savage the lists we have here, I thought I
would try to get a little more information about using config_list.

I get the list information from a file sent to me.  I want to use a
script to process the file, output the processed data to a file, then
use config_list to make the changes to the appropriate list(s).  The
only values I want to change are the list's owner, moderator, and the
*_these_nonmembers.

Can I create a file (properly formatted) to input into config_list
containing only the values I want to change?  Or, do I have to dump the
entire file, make the changes, then reload?

Next, I see the change_pw allows me to change a list's password.  Is
that the owner's password, the moderator's password, or both?  If it is
only the owners password, is there a way to change the moderator's
password through some other mechanism/program?

Thanks,
Chris