[Mailman-Users] Mailman-subscibers.py

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 25 20:03:14 CET 2013

On 1/25/2013 8:38 AM, rpschwar at knology.net wrote:

> I have been using Mailman-subscibers.py to get a csv output of the list of my users. However, I had to rebuild my database and the path has been changed from the default location and is now …/cgi-bin/mailman… instead of just …/mailman . This cause the command that I was using:
>
> Mailman-subscribers.py -c -o output-members.csv m-c-b.org members_m-c-b.org <password>
> To not work any more
>
> I was told that I have to add a “-u” option with the path but cannot get it to work.

If you run the command with the -h option, it should describe how the -u
option works. Also, the failed commands you tried should have given you
this help information. If you saw the -u option description in the help
and it wasn't clear, please help me by suggesting clearer wording.

If your version of the script doesn't support -u, get the latest from
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/mailman-subscribers.py>.

You have two issues with what you are trying. All options including -u
and its setting must precede the host name in the command, and the value
of the -u option is just the path up to the admin cgi. It does not
include the http://hostname part nor the listname. You need to add just
"–u /cgi-bin/mailman/admin" to your prior command preceding the host
name so the command becomes

Mailman-subscribers.py -c -o output-members.csv –u
/cgi-bin/mailman/admin m-c-b.org members_m-c-b.org <password>

(all on one line)