[Mailman-Users] virtual domain and alias_maps

Dr Michael Daly gp at holisticgp.com.au
Fri Aug 16 04:02:20 CEST 2013

Hi
Running genaliases produces NO output, just a carriage return. Running
genaliases -h
produces the relevant help information

I should say the mailman version is 2.1.9, which was installed via an
'apt-get' command on a centos package.

In mm_cfg.py I have:
('cpddomain.org.au' is not the real domain name, but it is a virtual one)

At present a subscriber can send a message to the list owner, but no
others, and the message does NOT have the expected Subject Line prefix eg
[List name]

# Put YOUR site-specific configuration below, in mm_cfg.py . #
# See Defaults.py for explanations of the values.	     #

# Note - if you're looking for something that is imported from mm_cfg, but
you
# didn't find it above, it's probably in Defaults.py.
#
add_virtualhost('www.cpddomain.org.au', 'cpddomain.org.au')
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['cpddomain.org.au']
MTA = 'Postfix'

Thanks

Michael

Michael Daly wrote:

>Hi
>I am having problems getting mail delivered to list members, on a virtual
> domain. This did not happen when a conventional ie non virtual, domain.
>Maybe there is a problem with aliases...I had to manually create the
> /usr/lib/mailman/data dir and both the 'alias' and 'virtual-mailman'
> files in that dir

>(not sure of what contents should be in the described 'alias' and
> 'virtual-mailman' files)

>But running genaliases does not create the expected .db files

What output do you get after running it?

>In postfix I have:
>alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/usr/lib/mailman/data/aliases

Not required.

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
hash:/usr/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

Yes.

>and I have created the list and configured mm_cfg.py as specified

So you set MTA to Postfix and populated     POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS
to your virtual domains?

Thanks.
Andrew.

Dr Michael Daly MB, BS
GradDip(Integrative Medicine), GradCert(Evidence Based Practice),
M Bus(Information Innovation), GradDip(Document Management)
0413 879 029