[Mailman-Users] Mass Mail

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Mon Apr 29 12:44:27 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:33:31AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I can also tell you that in the three cases just mentioned, it doesn't
> matter what your footer says.  All three have terms of service that
> allow them to decide what is spam based on any driteria they like.
> AFAIK, having an unsubscribe link in the footer isn't one of them.[1]
> Bulk mailers are strongly encouraged to register with them, and
> basically swear an oath not to spam.[2]

Or, indeed, pay them…

> All of the registration
> procedures are different,

They used to be quite hidden, but I seem to be able to find them quite
easily, when I need to, these days.

> as are the procedures for getting out of the
> doghouse once you land there (and anybody mailing to 10,000 people or
> more on one service does sooner or later).

+1. Even 5000 seems to be the threshold these days, for unknown
netblocks.

--
"It has never been the rule in this country – I hope it never will be
 – that suspected criminal offences must automatically be the subject