[Mailman-Users] Bug in mailman2.1.0

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 12 20:20:28 CEST 2013

Sneha Bhattacharya wrote:

>I had been using mailman properly since the last few days but suddenly i am
>getting this error while going to my admin page :
>
>Bug in Mailman version 2.1.10 We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>
>Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
>traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
>the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.
>

>there are no errors in the error log.

If Mailman's error log is empty, there are other issues with
permissions. Where are you looking? Mailman's logs are in their own
directory; where depends on the installation, but that directory
should contain most of the logs 'bounce', 'error', 'fromusenet',
'locks', 'mischief', 'post', 'qrunner', 'smtp', 'smtp-failure',
'subscribe' and 'vette'. In a new installation, some of these won't
exist as they have never been written, but at least 'post', 'qrunner',
'smtp' and 'subscribe' should be there and non-empty in any
installation with working lists.

If you are not seeing these logs with current content, you are not
looking in the correct directory.

W e neen the error and traceback information from the error log to help
diagnose your problem.