[Mailman-Users] Setting a specific list member to read-only

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 3 20:50:50 CEST 2013

On 4/2/2013 5:33 PM, Attac München - Postmaster wrote:

> I'd like to temporarily block a member of a list from posting messages.
> This member is already set to "moderated" so I can reject/discard his
> mails manually. I cannot ban him entirely because he is entitled to read
> the list still by our community rules. Is there a way I can have his
> mails automatically rejected or discarded to make him a read-only
> member?

If he's the only moderated member you could set member_moderation_action
to Discard or Reject and if Reject, set an appropriate
member_moderation_notice.

> I'd need something like a inbox filter rule for this specific
> list member's address, i.e. blacklist his postings without removing him
> from the roster.

You could use Privacy options... -> Spam filters -> header_filter_rules
with a regexp like

^from:.*user at example\.com

(these are matched case-insensitively) and a Reject or Discard action,
but Reject here will just give the generic 'The message headers matched
a filter rule' reason.