[Mailman-Users] Problems with Moderation

David Dodell ddodell at mac.com
Sun Sep 16 06:39:39 CEST 2012

This is the output of the error:

d2net:bin david$ python withlist -l -a -r fix_url
Importing fix_url...
Running fix_url.fix_url()...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "withlist", line 299, in <module>
    main()
  File "withlist", line 274, in main
    r = [do_list(listname, args, func) for listname in Utils.list_names()]
  File "withlist", line 195, in do_list
    m = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=LOCK)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__
    self.Lock()
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 161, in Lock
    self.__lock.lock(timeout)
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 243, in lock
    self.__write()
  File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 422, in __write
    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/private/var/mailman/locks/axium-consortium-meeting.lock.d2net.net.855.0'
d2net:bin david$

On Sep 15, 2012, at 09:02 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

On 9/15/2012 8:46 PM, David Dodell wrote:
> Hi trying to finally follow through on this, and figure it out.
>
> I found my DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN was missing totally in my mm_cfg.py file.
>
> Put that in.
>
> Then ran
>

> python withlist -l -a -r fix_url within the mailman/bin directory
>
> Loaded my list, said "Locked" and then a bunch of errors.
>
> How do I unlock the list?

First of all, when withlist tells you

It is telling you that it loaded the list named LISTNAME and locked it
because you gave the '-l' option to withlist which tells it to lock the
list which it has to do if it's going to make any changes.

So what were the "bunch of errors"?

Note if the list is really in a locked state and withlist couldn't
acquire the lock, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/noA9>.