[Mailman-Users] Problems with Moderation

David Dodell david at d2net.net
Sun Sep 16 06:44:44 CEST 2012

This is the error I'm getting:

d2net:bin david$ python withlist
-l -a -r fix_url
Importing fix_url...
Running
fix_url.fix_url()...
(locked)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "withlist", line 299,
in
 main()
 File "withlist", line 274, in main
 r = [do_list(listname,
args, func) for listname in Utils.list_names()]
 File "withlist", line
195, in do_list
 m = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=LOCK)
 File
"/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__

self.Lock()
 File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 161, in
Lock
 self.__lock.lock(timeout)
 File
"/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 243, in lock

self.__write()
 File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 422,
in __write
 fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13]
Permission denied:
'/private/var/mailman/locks/axium-consortium-meeting.lock.d2net.net.855.0'
d2net:bin
david$

PM, David Dodell wrote:

>> Hi trying to finally follow through on
this, and figure it out. I found my DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN was missing
totally in my mm_cfg.py file. Put that in. Then ran python withlist -l
-a -r fix_url within the mailman/bin directory Loaded my list, said
"Locked" and then a bunch of errors. How do I unlock the list?

First of all, when withlist tells you

(locked)

> It is telling you that it loaded the list named LISTNAME
and locked it
> because you gave the '-l' option to withlist which tells
it to lock the
> list which it has to do if it's going to make any
changes.

> So what were the "bunch of errors"?
>
> Note if the list
is really in a locked state and withlist couldn't
> acquire the lock,
see the FAQ at .

Links:
------