[Mailman-Users] Manipulate mailman in / out queue

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 15 23:13:17 CEST 2012

Xueshan Feng <sfeng at stanford.edu> wrote:

>Can you do that (drop in files, or move the files out), while the
>service
>is running, without crashing service or losing data.

Probably yes, but don't.

Either OutgoingRunner has died (check Mailman's qrunner log) or your out queue is backlogged.

If there is a bad message causing issues, it is in the one out queue entry with a .bak extension. If the queue is backlogged, messages will be processing. Check Mailman's smtp log and the archives of this list.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>