[Mailman-Users] Sevier Issue with mails, are these compromised?

David dave at fiteyes.com
Thu May 17 00:30:37 CEST 2012

Are you referring to the problem that your daily email traffic is 11,655 or
more and your host has specific quotas that limit your email volume?

If the quota is 500 per hour, that is 12,000 messages total in 24 hours. As
you mentioned, your traffic can exceed that level (18,000 outgoing messages
per day was mentioned in a prior message). So throttling will not totally
solve your problem. It might help a little, but it doesn't sound like a
long term solution.

I have no idea how an installer script could possibly help. I would say
that's likely a misunderstanding. Don't expect an installer script to
magically reduce your traffic level or increase your quota on your current
host. An installer script might be part of the solution if you move to a
new host.

Why don't you contact some potential new hosts and see who is willing to
help you migrate your list to their service?

Good luck.