[Mailman-Users] All mails do not reach to all users...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 9 02:46:05 CEST 2012

On 5/8/2012 9:43 AM, Amit Bhatt wrote:

> I finally shifted to the new service provider
> and they are Internationally known as very good service provider and
> their mail delivery and other services seem to be working fine but
> the issue of non delivery of E-mails to some users still remain
> there. I have discussed this matter with other moderators of two
> different mailing list and they told me that they also confront the
> same issue some time. so what does it mean? Is this a bug on Mailman?
> Can we expect not to be happened in mailman 3 in the coming future?

No, it is not a bug in Mailman and it probably will be no different
under Mailman 3.

You have to follow the mail through the various MTAs between your
Mailman server and the recipient server.

Typically, you or your service provider will find a log message
indicating the original email message was accepted for delivery by the
recipient's ISP, but the recipient never gets the mail. At this point,
All you can do is provide the recipient with the full log message
containing timestamp and the receiving server's queue ID, and then the
recipient has to take this up with their ISP.