[Mailman-Users] AOL redacts user addresses even with VERP and full personalization enabled

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Wed Jun 20 01:36:30 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 15:51 -0700, William Yardley wrote:
> I think the point of the
> FBL is more to alert you to problems on your network

What problems???  I'm running a collection of opt-in Mailman lists,
administered by FMP's customers.  There are no problems.

> eYes, people will click the "report spam" link by
> accident occasionally

No, more often than not these reports come in bunches, initiated by the
same user.  The "report spam" button was obviously pressed with intent.

> , but probably not often enough to get you flagged
> as a spam source if your lists are genuinely legitimate, and use a
> closed-loop confirmation process.

This is probably true.

> But honestly, AOL is not the 500 lb gorilla they once were, so I
> wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it.

This is also probably true, fortunately, and in fact the importance of
AOL (or lack thereof) probably doesn't warrant the time we've put in
discussing their misbegotten policies :)

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human creativity is like
FMP Computer Services |   trying to eradicate dandelions"