[Mailman-Users] AOL redacts user addresses even with VERP and full personalization enabled

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Jun 18 19:04:04 CEST 2012

On 2012-06-18 12:22 PM, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-mailman at fmp.com> wrote:
> Doing this as a custom hack helps.  If this were implemented as a
> Mailman standard option then word might indeed get back to them about
> it.  Using Resent-Message-ID as a header name is a clever idea.

I'd also argue that since this is not AOL specific but is a generic way
for a mail system admin to control his own server, and AOL cannot
dictate what you add to your own headers on your own messages, why not
make it part of mailman official, with appropriate warnings about some
brain-dead (probably unenforcable and possibly even illegal) limitations
by certain clueless providers?