[Mailman-Users] Clearing Bounce Scores Globally

Barry S, Finkel bsfinkel at att.net
Thu Jun 7 17:49:47 CEST 2012

On 6/7/2012 10:23 AM, Terry Earley wrote:
> We need to clear/reset bounce stats for Yahoo members on our list. we
> modified Mark Sapiro's script at:
> http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/reset_bounce.py
> to modify only Yahoo email addresses, but it cleared only 2 that had been
> bouncing. That squares with the comment at top:
>
>> """Enable delivery for all bouncing members.
>>
> is there a way to make it clear bounce stats for all (in this case Yahoo)
> to avoid these members from going over threshold? If not, we could run the
> script after we get the admin notice that they are set to nomail for
> bounces.

If I understand what you want, I believe you change:

         if mlist.getDeliveryStatus(member) == MemberAdaptor.BYBOUNCE:
             mlist.setDeliveryStatus(member, MemberAdaptor.ENABLED)
             count += 1
by removing the "if" line and un-indenting the next two lines.  This will
set all addresses in the domain to ENABLED.  But, I believe, this will no do
exactly what you want, because you are not resetting the bounce score.
If a yahoo.com subscriber has a bounce score of 4, then setting

      MemberAdaptor,ENABLED

will be resetting the value to what it already is, and the next bounce
will (if the bounce score trigger is the default 5.0) will set BYBOUNCE.
I have not looked at the code to see if setting ENABLED also resets
the bounce score back to 0.
--Barry Finkel