[Mailman-Users] Is there a limit as to the number of character for the name of a mailing list?

Dennis Carr dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net
Tue Jun 5 04:06:36 CEST 2012

> 1.  Is there a limit as to the number of character one can put in for
> the name of a mailing list?

The only real limit for a list name is what seems reasonable. For
instance, you probably do not want to have a list address such as
"this-is-a-list-about-toad-the-wet-sprocket-playing-music-with-electric-light-orchestra-and-the-beatles-mailing-list-ml",
because, well, that's really incredibly long - not to mention a little
redundant. =)  (Or, in a nutshell, the list name should be descriptive,
but short.)

As to the addresses, I know the names and addresses are semi separate -
and as near as I can tell, it's only limited by how long an address can
be.  I don't remember what that limit is.

-Dennis