[Mailman-Users] mail message to list disappears

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 18 20:12:29 CET 2012

On 1/18/2012 10:47 AM, Peter STUMPF wrote:

> I've checked the whole qfiles folder - besides the 'bad' subfolder, everything is empty, so there's nothing in the 'shunt' folder.
> The file in the 'bad' is rather old and I know that the mailing list was working at that time.

Files in qfiles/bad are unparseable message entries or they are messages
that had no content after content filtering if filter_action = Preserve.
If it was an unparseable message, there would have been a corresponding
'error' log entry with the same time stamp as the qfiles/bad/ file.

If exim properly delivered the message via the 'mailman' transport, it
would have been queued in qfiles/in. From that point, whatever happened
to it was done by Mailman. Since the message is no longer queued in
Mailman, there should be an entry in one or more of Mailman's logs. Are
there any entries in any of Mailman's logs from the time of the post?

Does the list have archives, and if so, is the message archived?