[Mailman-Users] Link to web archive in footer

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 26 08:23:08 CET 2012

On 2/25/2012 8:40 PM, John Elliot wrote:

> I'm trying to configure my mailman msg_footer so that it includes a link
> to the pipermail message stored in the web archive. So that if I'm
> looking at a message in my inbox I can easily find a link to refer to
> that message.

In Mailman 2.1.x this cannot be done. Archiving is done by a separate,
asynchronous process from that which creates the message footer. The
process which creates the message footer has no way to know what the URL
of the archived message will be.

This will be done differently in Mailman 3. The archive URL will be
calculated from the message itself so it will be possible to put a link
to the archived message in the message, but this ability will not be
available before Mailman 3.