[Mailman-Users] Link to web archive in footer

John Elliot jj5 at progclub.org
Sun Feb 26 05:40:37 CET 2012

Hi there.

I'm trying to configure my mailman msg_footer so that it includes a link
to the pipermail message stored in the web archive. So that if I'm
looking at a message in my inbox I can easily find a link to refer to
that message.

I've read the documentation concerning msg_footer but it only lists
real_name, list_name, host_name, web_page_url, description, info and
cgiext as available variables -- though I have learned there are in fact
more than this available I do not know what they are or if they will
help me.

If there's no such variables available for the construction of a link to
the list's web archive then I'd be interested in having a go at patching
mailman so that such variables were in fact available in the
environment, but I know next to nothing about programming in python so
that might be a bit of a challenge for me (or not even possible for some
technical reason, such as the email being sent before it is placed in
the web archive and given and ID).

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

John.