[Mailman-Users] Editable template files?

Jezz jeremy at fairbrass.co.nz
Thu Feb 16 01:31:28 CET 2012

"Mark Sapiro" <mark at msapiro.net> wrote in message
news:PC19520120215161509029698e012b1 at MSAPIRO...
> Jezz wrote:
>>
>>I'm using Mailman 2.1.14 which is hosted with cPanel. On this particular
>>setup, when I log into the GUI (as list owner) with the list's admin
>>password and go to "Edit the public HTML pages and text files", I only
>>have
>>the following four template files listed there for me to edit:
>>
>>* General list information page
>>* Subscribe results page
>>* User specific options page
>>* Welcome email text file
>>
>>However, in the past I've seen other implementations of Mailman hosted
>>elsewhere (not using cPanel), which have a number of other template files
>>available for editing in the same place - in particular the various email
>>templates used by the system can be edited there.
> [...]
>>What I'd love to figure out is how (if possible) to enable those extra
>>files
>>so they can be visible and editable. Is there some master switch or
>>setting
>>in one of the Mailman site files which controls this? Or a per-list
>>setting?
>

> The list is defined in the module Mailman/Cgi/edithtml.py by the
> statement
>
>    template_data = (
>        ('listinfo.html',    _('General list information page')),
>        ('subscribe.html',   _('Subscribe results page')),
>        ('options.html',     _('User specific options page')),
>        ('subscribeack.txt', _('Welcome email text file')),
>        ('masthead.txt',     _('Digest masthead')),
>        )
>

> You can add any list specific templates you want to this list
> (actually, a Python tuple of tuples, not a Python list), just as
>
>        ('masthead.txt',     _('Digest masthead')),
>
> was added for Mailman 2.1.15. Note that you can actually add any
> template to this list, but edited templates such as cronpass.txt which
> are not used in a list context will not be used.
>
> --

Awesome, thanks!

I'm not quite sure what you mean about cronpass.txt. Isn't that used for the
monthly password reminder? What do you mean about it not being used?

BTW could you kindly give me a complete list of the possible templates (or
at least the default or standard templates) and their "friendly" names, from
the edithtml.py file, as you did above with those first five entries? That
would be very helpful. :)

Cheers,
Jeremy