[Mailman-Users] Editable template files‏

Jezz jeremy at fairbrass.co.nz
Thu Feb 16 00:47:46 CET 2012

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the editing of public HTML pages and text files
within a Mailman list.

I'm using Mailman 2.1.14 which is hosted with cPanel. On this particular
setup, when I log into the GUI (as list owner) with the list's admin
password and go to "Edit the public HTML pages and text files", I only have
the following four template files listed there for me to edit:

* General list information page
* Subscribe results page
* User specific options page
* Welcome email text file

However, in the past I've seen other implementations of Mailman hosted
elsewhere (not using cPanel), which have a number of other template files
available for editing in the same place - in particular the various email
templates used by the system can be edited there. For example I've seen the
following files available for editing via the "Edit the public HTML pages
and text files" location, on other implimentations of Mailman:

* approve.txt
* cronpass.txt
* disabled.txt
* help.txt
* invite.txt
* postheld.txt
* unsub.txt
* userpass.txt
* verify.txt
* masthead.txt

So this tells me that it's somehow possible to have those additional files
available for editing, and for some reason they are hidden or unavailable
with the cPanel Mailman setup that I'm currently using.

What I'd love to figure out is how (if possible) to enable those extra files
so they can be visible and editable. Is there some master switch or setting
in one of the Mailman site files which controls this? Or a per-list setting?

As you may have gathered, I'm not the site owner, just a list owner within
this particular site. But if I can learn how the above is changed, I can let
the site owner know and ask him to make the change. I have no idea what
factor cPanel plays in this, but hopefully that's not a limitation.

Can anyone offer some pointers?

Thanks,
Jeremy