[Mailman-Users] can I use a mailman list address as a (qmail)sender address?

Stefan P. Wolf (NassRasur.com) wolf at NassRasur.com
Tue Feb 7 09:27:21 CET 2012

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I do not understand why this would be true? How does your MUA know that
> the list address is or is not a 'mail user' on your system?

My MUA does not know about the server, my MUA knows about its
own mail profiles. If mails are addressed to the list and come
in on my PC and I hit "reply" then the MUA looks if it has a
mail profile with the very same email address. But if I can not
use this email address for *sending* because I can not create
this user on my server then this profile is useless and I have
to create a different sending address which is not selected by the
MUA automatically (instead the default mail profile is selected).

In the meantime I found out that despite the error message from
PLESK the mail user with the same name as the mailing address
was created anyway! It seems I get it to work...

Best regards, Stefan.