[Mailman-Users] Gmail "features"

Lucio Crusca lucio at sulweb.org
Tue Aug 7 10:47:54 CEST 2012

Hello *,

I'm new here. I run a few mailman lists on a Debian server. I've been using
mailman for a few years now but I'm no expert (it's "too" easy, anyone can use
it without understanding much of it).

Now I'm facing this problem:

http://tinyurl.com/c9pn9sk
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=it&answer=6588

There's a fact that makes me think a solution has to exist: I've run a few
mailman lists on a different debian server until a few months ago and they did
not have this problem. A friend of mine is currently running a few lists on
yet another debian server and those do not have the gmail "feature" as of
today.

I suspect gmail applies that feature only to some lists/domains/servers. The
question is: what's the rule? How can you be so lucky as to fall in the lists
gmail does not "block"? I fear the reply is "you can't".

So, next question: is there any unofficial, untested, underground, YMMV patch
for mailman that masks/forges the messages copy to the sender so that gmail
does not recognize it as such and lets it through?

Thanks in advance
Lucio.