[Mailman-Users] Mollom content filtering service?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 24 08:19:39 CEST 2012

David <dave at fiteyes.com> wrote:

>Yes, Mollem is designed for blogs and web forms. So what do most Mailman
>admins use? Maia Mailguard, SpamAssassin, ClamAV? I guess this must be a
>common question, but I don't see any mention of it in the Mailman FAQ. Is
>it a more proper question for a Postfix list?

There are handlers for interfacing Mailman with SpamAssassin
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/557991> and with ClamAV
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558098>, and there may even
be a Mailman package for one or more distros that incorporates one or
both of these, but the recommended approach is to incorporate your
spam and malware filtering in incoming mail processing using milters
or something like MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info> or Fuglu
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fuglu/>.